Right here is the state of affairs because it stands on Friday, November 11.
- Ukrainian troops have reclaimed dozens of landmine-littered settlements deserted by Russian forces in southern Ukraine, the day after Moscow introduced its withdrawal from the strategic metropolis of Kherson.
- Ukrainian forces liberated 41 settlements as they advance by means of the south, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy mentioned, including an unspecified variety of pro-Kyiv troops had been killed.
- Ukraine’s military chief Valeriy Zaluzhnyi mentioned Kyiv couldn’t but affirm whether or not Russia was certainly pulling out of Kherson, however Ukrainian troops superior 7km (4 miles) over the previous 24 hours.
- Ukraine’s Defence Minister Oleksii Reznikov mentioned Russia has not began actual motion from Kherson metropolis and would take at the very least per week to withdraw.
- An adviser to Zelenskyy mentioned Russia desires to show Kherson right into a “metropolis of demise” after retreating, and accused Moscow of mining every little thing from flats to sewers and planning to shell it from the opposite aspect of the Dnieper river.
- NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg mentioned Russia is beneath heavy stress in Ukraine and he’s ready to see how Russia’s withdrawal from Kherson proceeds. But when confirmed, it will be “one other victory for Ukraine”.
- The USA Nationwide Safety Advisor Jake Sullivan mentioned Washington was not pressuring Ukraine to interact in diplomacy with Russia over the warfare.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin is not going to personally attend the G20 summit in Bali subsequent week however could seem by way of a video hyperlink.
- The US has put ahead “a sequence of proposals” to Russia for the discharge of US basketball star Brittney Griner and former US Marine Paul Whelan, however Moscow has not proven a willingness to interact in productive talks, Sullivan mentioned.
- The British authorities says it has frozen belongings price 18 billion kilos ($20.5bn) held by Russian oligarchs, different people, and entities sanctioned for Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine.
- The White Home introduced a brand new army support package deal for Ukraine that can embrace “necessary air defence contributions”.