Right here is the state of affairs because it stands on Saturday, December 17.
Rescue operations, combating
- Emergency crews have pulled the physique of a toddler from the rubble in a pre-dawn seek for survivors within the central Ukrainian metropolis of Kryvyi Rih after Russia fired 76 missiles throughout Ukraine on Friday in one in all Moscow’s largest assaults but.
- The assaults precipitated “colossal” harm to infrastructure within the Ukrainian metropolis of Kharkiv and primarily affected the power system, Mayor Ihor Terekhov stated.
- The mayor of Ukraine’s capital, Kyiv, has stated the town’s metro system was again in service and that each one residents had been reconnected to the water provide a day after the most recent wave of Russian air raids.
- Ukrainian shelling of a Russian-controlled village within the Luhansk area of japanese Ukraine killed no less than 11 individuals on Friday and 20 have been lacking, the Russian state information company TASS reported, citing emergency companies.
- Moscow says its assaults are geared toward disabling Ukraine’s navy. Ukrainians name them a warfare crime.
- President Vladimir Putin has sought proposals from his armed forces commanders on how they suppose Russia’s navy marketing campaign in Ukraine ought to proceed throughout a go to to the operation’s headquarters, the Kremlin has stated.
- Winter in Ukraine might be a “large tragedy”, Hungary’s overseas minister Peter Szijjarto instructed Al Jazeera, as he additionally mentioned his nation’s ties with Russia.
- European Union states can buy arms collectively to replenish shares after supplying Ukraine, says the bloc’s defence company, warning the US might not at all times have the ability to protect Europe from threats.
- Insurers might refuse to cowl planes flying to Ukraine or ships crusing by means of the Black Sea as reinsurers – who insure the insurers – suggest excluding the area from insurance policies from subsequent month, 4 trade sources have instructed the Reuters information company.