Jul 27, 2022
Catholic sculptor Christopher Alles joins the podcast for an
introduction to the artwork of sculpture, particularly in its formal
qualities. Alles principally does fee work for the Church, and
the theoretical factors on this dialog are illuminated by
references to a few of his latest works, together with a
work-in-progress Pieta and his monumental sculpture of St.
Joseph, Patron of a Pleased Loss of life.
- Collaboration with patrons in commissioned work
- The iconographic custom in sculpture vs portray
- Drawing as the foundation of each sculpting and portray
- The challenges of modeling kind based mostly on anatomy with out being
enslaved to literal accuracy
- The ornamental and the illustrative elements of visible artwork
Watch this interview on YouTube https://youtu.be/7LnWSNQKfqc
Thomas Mirus, “’A Peering’ on the Sheen Middle”